Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I'm Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Except I do know when I'll be back again. Tuesday afternoon. I'm headed to DC for the weekend. My baby brother lives there and is going to medical school. My mom needed a traveling companion and we are treating ourselves. I feel terrible about leaving Plantboy, but after the fiasco we had trying to get our kids to eat dinner tonight I feel no qualms about having a little space from The Preschooler (from here on out called ManCub) and The Toddler (from here on out called the Poopy Pirate--a nickname given by ManCub). I'm going to owe Plantboy big time. I think the whole, "but I'm supporting you through school thing," is not going to cut it through this favor.

4 comments:

Desmama said...

Yay! Hey, my sister lives out there (actually in VA--she used to work for Harry Reid--and now she goes to school/teaches high school in Maryland) and my little brother flew out there this weekend to support her running the Baltimore Marathon. Sounds like that's the place to be this weekend. Wish I could come too. Have a grand time.

Christy said...

So, I think putting him through school will always win. It will be good for them to have special male bonding time. Women always deserve a break, especially when they work and take care of kids! I have to say it goes by so fast though, I feel like before I know it they will be out on there own - SOB!

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Desmama! My sister in law ran the half marathon this morning! We were in Baltimore just last night. Small world.

Rainie said...

Well deserved. Don't feel guilty for one second.