Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I Feel Loved

Kim Blue tagged me the other day. I 've never been tagged before and, well, it is a really good ego stroke. So here goes . . . . Oh, and I added one of my own at the end. The other disclaimer is that my lists are certainly not prioritized.

Five things I Was Doing Ten Years Ago
1. I was stagnating (and getting really comfortable) in an area on my mission that I'd been in for five months, but only had a month to go on my mission so I didn't think I'd get into the last transfer. So, of course, I was transferred almost exactly ten years ago this week.
2. Tracting
3. Tracting
4. Sweating
5. And more tracting. (2, 3, and 5 could describe the way I spent a good chunk of every day--up to ten hours--for about 16 months.)

Five things on my To Do List
(I took this to mean my life time to do list--much more exciting than my daily, which I'm sure is hardly different than your own.)

1. Skydive
2. Zipline across part of the rainforest in Central America
3. Get (at least) a master's degree
4. Spend an extended holiday in New Zealand
5. Serve a mission with my husband

Five things I'd do if I was a Millionaire
(A million doesn't buy what it used to; I probably should say, I'd retire to Montana and build a fallout shelter on my family farm. . . after I'd paid my tithing, of course)

1. Pay cash for a house with four bedrooms, a small living room and den, a laundry room, a garden tub in the master bathroom, towel racks, built in book shelves, and LOTS of closet space. 2. Spend three months touring the South Pacific--Fiji, Samoa, New Zealand
3. Go back to school
4. Have or adopt another baby
5. Buy a brand new mini-van

I like to say I'd donate bunch, too, like everyone else always says. I like to think I'd donate what was left over . . . maybe I should donate first. Of course, if I didn't have a house or a car payment, then I could afford to donate every month. Hmm. . .

Five Things I'd Never Do Again
(This is tricky. Never is a long time. There are things I'd LIKE to say I'd never do again, but I just have to be honest with myself, so here is the list of things that are easier to commit to.)

1. Move before my house was sold (I hope I never have to do this again)
2. Leave a rude comment on somebody's blog (don't ask)
3. Have a white kitchen
4. Peg my jeans, or wear skinny jeans (since I'll never be skinny again)
5. Collect anothers year's worth of National Geographic (Plantboy and I have had to have a very serious conversation about this.)

Five Favorite Toys
1. IPod
2. Skis
3. Rollerblades and jogging stroller (especially my single jogger, which I don't use much these days; and this counts as one item because I use them together)
4. Computer
5. Baby backpack

Five Things I've Read Recently
(I added this one; I couldn't resist)

1. The New Yorker
2. Northanger Abbey
3. Eats, Shoots and Leaves
4. Child of the Prophecy
5. November Ensign

Five People I'm Tagging

1. Amy Jane

2. Karate Mommy

3. Desmama

4. on.the.run

5. Zippity-do-dah

5 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

"Five Things I've Read Recently" - brilliant. Wish I'd thought of it.

Why a vacation in New Zealand?

And also, about karate - I'm no black belt by any means. I studied it for a few years in college, and know just enough to avoid getting clobbered.

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I served my mission in Australia, but I had several comps from NZ and I learned just enough about their culture to be fascinated. Especially on North Island, there is a really strong Maori influence there and a lot of their culture has been retained. I guess I would like to go back to Australia too (maybe even to live short-term)--to show my kids around; catch up with a few people; see some new sites. But NZ is the place that really captures my imagination. The climate and geography are just incredible and it is still so pristine in many places.

Think Lord of the Rings without the Orcs.

Or Whale Rider. Now THAT is one of the finest films I've seen in the last decade.

In high school I always thought I was more of a Europe girl, and there is an intellectual/lover of history side to me that still craves that, but I married Plantboy. Together we are just more into the wild places and simpler cultures that are still left. People talk about going to Disneyland . . . I want to get my kids to Glacier-Waterton before the glaciers melt, before that perfect memory is lost forever.

Anyway, I guess this comment is more like a 2 for 1 post. Loved your latest post by the way, KimBlue.

Arugula Queen said...

I've always wanted to go to New Zealand too and I have an unhealthy obsession for all things Australian.
Here's my favorite Maori singer right now:
Anika Moa

Ten years ago I was perfecting the ancient art of the arugula salad.

Arugula Queen said...

My fave Anika Moa song. Very haunting.
Youthful

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Argula--Have you heard of Oceania?