In Mockingjay, Katniss is able to temporarily return to her bombed out home. She picks up a few keepsakes to take back to 12 with her.
1. Buttercup. A mangy cat that belongs to Prim, whom Prim loves very much. She also picks up a ribbon to go around his neck.
2. A leather hunting jacket. It belonged to her father.
3. A Pearl. It is one that Peeta gave to her during their last day in the arena--they found it in an oyster they had dived for.
4. An illustrated book of plants. This book is both practical and sentimental. Her mother works in the hospital in their new district, and the knowledge in the book is useful. It was Katniss' father that collected most of the plant information. Peeta, in the brief hiatus between the first and second Hunger Games in which he and Katniss participate had been illustrating the book.
5. The wedding album. Her mother and father's, of course.
Katniss, a deeply flawed and troubled character, has more outstanding qualities then she gives herself credit for. One of these is loyalty. I think it shows in her selection of things.
What about you? You have a few minutes to leave your home with the likelihood that you will never return to it. Provided that your spouse and children are taken care of, and the 72 hour and first aid kits are already packed away in the car, what five items do you take with you?