Sunday, February 21, 2010

28 Days of L-O-V-E

Day 20

I love a clean garage. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Plantboy. We've had the freezer less than a week, but it is filling up fast. What on earth were we doing before?


Day 21

I love the funny things kids say. Here are some recent highlights:

Jedi Knight, "Mommy, doesn't it make your heart feel so tender that I will always be your oldest son?"

Padawan, to The Youngling while they are playing with their Star Wars Lego guys, "This is Episode 3000, Revenge of the Ewoks and its all about when the Ewoks have to fight the clones."

Last week at church Plantboy whispered to me that he thinks the beloved wubby is part of the source of The Youngling's naughtiness, to which I replied that there is no chance I'm taking it until he is potty trained. The Youngling happened to be sitting between us and yelled, as loud as he could, during the passing of the sacrament, "I HATE POTTY TRAIN! I NOT POTTY TRAIN EVER!!!!" Uh. . . .

My youngest is a pillbox. I have to keep reminding myself to be firm with him because his grouchiness is sometimes ridiculously cute. Cute at two is not so much at say, age 5. My oldest learned "naughty" words later (hate, butt, stupid, idiot, etc.), my second learned them early but had this hilarious way of saying them under his breath or trailing off his sentences. Not boy number three, no sir. He likes to shout them. "I NOT EAT DINNER! I HATE DINNER!" "I NOT HAPPY I SAD; SAD MEANS I GRUMPY!" "NO KISSES MOMMY! I HATE ICKY, SOOPID KISSES!" "I DID STINKY TOOT!" (That last was during dinner, of course, and was followed by the laughter of three little boys.) "I NOT GO ON TIME OUT. NO WAY, SOOPID MOMMY!" These choice phrases may or may not be followed by the throwing of whatever toy is handy. And the little flipper has an arm.

Charming. Just charming. His other favorite recent thing is to run around naked, stopping every ten feet or so, turning his adorable little butt right around to me, shaking it while looking over his shoulder and saying, "Shake you booty. Naked baby, I shake booty." Oh my gosh, he's cute. Does anybody want to borrow him for the day?

8 comments:

Z. Marie said...

One of my nephews recently informed my sister-in-law he has no plans to be potty trained -- but that he might consider it when he's a teenager.

t. said...

I'd borrow your kids. They are very cute. When I was growing up we had other kids over all the time, but every now and then we'd become acquainted with some kid that was so cute or funny or said such quirky things that we'd all just sit and listen to them. Some of those kids still come up in conversation with my siblings today. We still remember the funny things they said. Your kids are like that. My boys and I really get a kick out of them.

My Riley is a pretty good kid so far, but when he was little and I told him to "be a good boy" - he said "I a bad boy. I drink coffee. I spit!"

Science Teacher Mommy said...

Today at church he crawled up and down the bench without shoes snarling and growling. "I saber-tooth tiger, I baby tiger, I scratch big claws."

Melanie said...

Too funny!

One of my favorite things about being in a young family ward during grad school was getting to watch the antics of all of the kids. It's really, really funny from a distance.

Unknown said...

There's not much in the whole world that is cuter than a spunky naked little boy butt...
Enjoy!~

calmrapids said...

The youngest always picks up on things so much faster! As for knowing episodes of shows--Benj has all of the Monk's and Psych's memorized. I can tell him a situation or a line and he can tell me the name of the episode and which season. Hhmmm...too much tv?

And yes--I'd love to borrow him!

emandtrev said...

Charming, indeed!

Caitlin said...

I am glad that my 6 year-old son has been sheltered this long before learning naughty words. We have somehow avoided him shouting those words in church. Phew.

Long ago you gave me your e-mail in a blog comment. I pasted it into my address book and promptly erased it for obvious reasons. Now I can't find it, or I don't know how to find it, either one is possible. I am so scared to ask, but I need an editor. Other than my blog, I haven't ever let anyone read my "stuff." Mostly because I am terrified of exposing myself. I don't know how you do it. Anyway, if you could e-mail me back, I would really appreciate it. Feel free to say no, maybe I am secretly hoping you will. If you have too much going on please don't feel obligated to respond. Uhhh...that's all.

caitlincalder@gmail.com